Power Of Makeup


For me, the best part of being a makeup artist is seeing the joy that lights up the face of my client when they look in the mirror. That satisfaction keeps me going.

When I compare the gloomy faces of the ‘before’ pictures and the confidence that transforms the ‘after’ pictures, that is my true reward.




No matter how you look at it, makeup does a lot of magic after application on the face. In fact, I think it even goes psychological in some way. Once a beautiful face meets a camera, it's like the ultimate attraction, you can’t have a bad day flashing your teeth, pouting, flipping your head in several directions, striking the Angelina Jolie leg pose because your spirit is lifted and you feel/know that you are beautiful. I think I would say, makeup has its own healing properties.



That's how she feels about her MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick



The guys are not left out here as well. I remember a wedding makeover I did a while back; the groom insisted he must get his share of makeover for the white wedding, after he saw how beautiful his wife looked in their traditional wedding pictures. Also, to get the right effect on camera especially for music videos, runway shows, guys also wear some amount of makeup. Trust me; it has the same wow effect on guys too.

To be truly beautiful is to reach inside ‘YOU’, find ‘YOU’ and love ‘YOU’, all makeup does is power up that beauty to life and make your love your appearance even more.

 What’s your favorite thing about makeup?